Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's a new week.

Hey Gang,
It's that time of the week again and time for a new assignment. Before I go on to the assignment however I need to ask that you be sure to tell your friends we are now here and encourage them to sign up to follow the blog. Tomorrow I am going to post another blog talking about what you can and can't expect from  me as a blogger.

Now on to the assignment. "Prayer" it is a powerful thing. Something that has the power to change the world. But how often do we take advantage of this direct link to God. Me? not nearly enough. When do I choose to attach too and take advantage of this source. Primarily when I, a friend or a family member are in need of something. Rarely do I go to God to just say Hi and even less for someone I don't know. In reading a study this past week "Chasing Daylight" by Erwin McManus I read about a car salesman Erwin had encountered. He had a small conversation with the man trying to sell him a car. It was nothing extraordinary or magical. A car salesman asking him what he had to spend and how much he was willing to borrow to which Erwin explained "I can't borrow and all I have is what someone generously gave me" He explained he was in seminary (I think) and had no source of income.  No witnessing just chatting with a salesman. Next thing we hear is the salesman sought Erwin out and asked him to pray for him. How cool is that? Erwin went on to give us a challenge. He said go test drive a car and then pray for that salesman the rest of the week. I'm not going to give you that challenge so you can relax. But what I did love about it is that he was telling us to seek out a stranger to pray for. What a concept!!! Praying for random people. I do love that idea and it so goes along with our mission of loving others. So here is your assignment.

Seek out someone to pray for! 

On Monday as you go about your day look for the stranger that stands out to you. Your Barista, the guy in the cubicle two rows over, How about the person that cut in front of you, get their name if possible and then spend the rest of the week praying for them. This is not required but if you can work up the nerve go to them introduce yourself and let them know you are going to pray for them everyday this week (Maybe they'll have a request or two) Sound good? Maybe a little out of the ordinary? GOOD! Lets challenge ourselves to take a couple minutes everyday to pray for a stranger.

Here's to a great week! Lets get out there and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment