Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Assignment (Don't be faceless)

Have you noticed that we seem to live in a faceless society? Sure we recognize our coworkers our family, friends but what about those we walk by everyday? Or how about the person behind us in line at the grocery store? The simple fact of the matter is that as a general rule we don't take the time notice those people and those outside of our circle don't take the time to get to know us. 

So here is what I propose we do this week. Lets become the face in a crowd of faceless people. We can be this by doing one simple thing. This week lets look those we pass in the eye and with a big smile say hello. I mentioned last week how I had tried this experiment in the past. It was amazing to me how many new friends I met. We desire to be recognized, we desire to feel welcome a simple smile and hello can fill that desire. 

Let me go ahead and make one little recommendation. Women say hello to women and men say hello to other men. It keeps things simple that way. Once again, This weeks assignment is to smile and say hello to those you pass by. You can choose one day or do it every day. Either way I have a strange feeling you may just find yourself a new friend.

Here's to a great week! Lets live it Upside Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment