Monday, May 25, 2009

HAPPY SUMMER!!!

Hey everyone, I want to begin by saying HAPPY SUMMER!!! Some friends of mine and I went out this weekend driving through some neighboring towns and whenever we saw someone outside we would yell out HAPPY SUMMER! You should try it sometime. I know it sounds stupid some might say weird but who cares IT'S FUN!!! For those purists out there let me point out that I know it's not really summer yet. Some woman we wished a happy summer to pointed that out. We have to wait till mid June to be official. But it is "Memorial weekend" and that marks the beginning of summer activities so as far as I'm concerned it's summer.

With summer in the air comes an exciting time. It's when we begin to spend more time outdoors than indoors. We see long lost friends that seemed to disappear from existence once they had to turn on the furnace. People are smiling and laughing more. Really if you think about it summer is a time of second chances a new birth of sorts. I even hear people saying "I'm not going to waste this summer like I did last". I think that has been my mantra for the last 3 summers. 

With all this in mind and knowing it is the time of year that people tend to congregate our next assignment fits the theme beautifully. This is one I've been chompin at the bit to get too but had to wait for the right time. The time is now and it will be a ton o' fun. Yet not something you do this week. Just something you begin planning this week. IT'S PARTY TIME! That's right this week I want you and your friends to put on your calendar and begin planning a very special party. For lack of imagination at the moment we will call it a "Thank you party" The specific details of the party can be whatever you like but the one thing I want you to do is to have an area set - up with everyone's name and a box by each name. As the evening progresses it is every guests job to write out a thank you note for each person at the party. Really the note doesn't have to be a "Thank you" it can be whatever you are led to say. What do you like about him or her, What do you see for them, How have they affected you, What have you observed about them? At some point you should all get together so each person can be publicly affirmed as well. 

One word of warning on this one. I remember being in affirmation circles watching everyone around me being spoken too and wondering if anyone would ever get around to me. This should not be uncomfortable for anyone. We all deserve affirmation so lets set this up so we are all guaranteed to receive it. For this party lets set it up so we are gathered around our close friends. It would be good for a stranger to witness but I'm not so sure he would feel comfortable being there and we may not be as open to each other with a stranger in our presence. We'll reserve that for another party later on. Maybe in the fall?

Alright everyone, Thanks for checkin in lets have a great week and of course lets live it "Upside Down"

No comments:

Post a Comment