Thursday, June 25, 2009

New look to our weekly assignments

Hello Gang,

As promised here is an update on what we will be doing from here on out with our weekly assignments. I have spent quite a bit of time walking talking and praying these last couple of weeks. Asking God about the Upside Down Group and what he would like to see. During one of these walks it seemed to me that God was saying “You have the right idea but you are going about it a bit backwards. What makes them want to work these assignments?”

Me: The Joy they experience through helping another.

God: Ok, What makes them want to step out on a larger scale?

Me: It becomes a natural next step from the smaller assignments. They begin to recognize opportunities on their own.

God: And when they recognize the opportunity but are in a busy time of their life what makes them set aside the time to help?

Me: Again, it’s remembering the joy they experience through helping.

God: That will only carry them so far. They need a voice or guide that pulls them in that direction despite their desire to go elsewhere.

Me: I know, that’s where you come in.

God: Where am I in these assignments?

Me: Well… umm, you’re the whole reason we do this.

God: I know that, but you seem to be leaving me out of it. It’s as if a friend made a game just for you and him and you begin playing it with everyone but him.

Me: Crap!

This isn’t exactly what happened but it’s the best way I know how to explain it. Really it was me walking and listening and God planting this realization in my head. So what does all this mean? I believe it is God that plants the love of others in our hearts. The more we know and focus on him the more our love for and desire to serve others grows. (Yes there are people who don’t know God that love and care for others. It was still him that planted that love in their hearts and I would love to see what they could do if they focused on God in their drive to help others. WOW! It would be incredible nothing short of miraculous.) So from here on out our assignments will be things that help us to focus on God. Sometimes God and serving others at the same time but always focusing on him. Come back on Monday to get the assignment and you will see just what I’m talking about.

Have a great weekend and as always… Let’s live it upside down!

No comments:

Post a Comment