Monday, May 24, 2010

What is your Treasure?

So, I go into church this morning sit down sing a little bit and then Jason (My Pastor) stands up and writes my blog post for me this week. How he knows what I’ve been processing before he stands up and speaks I’ll never know but this seems to happen quite a bit. However in an attempt to shorten the length of these posts I’m going to streamline. But I first had to thank Jason for giving me the verse I’m going to use.

Matthew 6:19-21
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

So what is this saying?

1. Don’t store up your treasure on Earth.
2. Do store up your treasure in Heaven.

How do we do this?

1. Take what’s important to us and use it for what’s important to God.
2. When we do the above our Hearts will follow.

Are you storing your treasure in Heaven or on Earth?
Do you want to store your treasures in Heaven?
Do you want to learn what that means?
Do you want to learn how to do this?
Do you want to do this?

Did you answer yes to any of the last 4 questions? I mentioned a new small group I’m forming a couple weeks back. This is the driving force of what we will be working on. If this is of interest to you there is still time to join we haven’t begun yet. We haven’t even chosen a night yet. Monday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let me know if you are interested and which night works best for you. I promise you will not have experienced a group like it.

Come on Gang whether or not you can join the group you can still begin storing your treasure where it belongs. Lets do it and turn this world “Upside Down!”

No comments:

Post a Comment