Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm Baaack!

Hello Friends long time no see sorry about the long break. My computer decided it wanted to die and I had no way to replace it. I now have this state of art ok no state of anything a cheapy designed to help me get bye till I'm settled again. With the return of thiz blog I sit here and promise you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I will write when I can and I will write what God has laid on my heart. I do have thoughts about the future of the Upside Down Group what it will look like and how you will be invited to participate but those are still formulating and God has not given me a definate go on any of it. For now I just write and expect you as always to forgive my grammer.

What do I have to say today? Well lets talk about the month or so that I've been silent. It's been overall a great time. God has blessed me with a great job that allows me the flexibility I've always desired and looks as if it will pay better than any job I've ever had. (In this economy any job is a blessing so I praise God for the fit of this one.) With the new job I've dove into it trying to learn the ropes working extra hours to find that extra sale (Yep I'm sales pure commission at that). I've kept my schedule open for friends yet always manage to find a way to keep busy. I've never enjoyed just sitting around so I quickly find ways to stop that from happening. You can say after my 13 months of unemployment and 6 months of travel I have once again settled into the typical life in America today. Complete with forgetting to FOCUS ON GOD DAILY! After over a year of making God my focus I find a job and slip right out of the habit. How does that happen? For me it was like two completely different lives. God gave me the clear to search out and find a job and I told myself "Time to get back to life" How stupid is that? I EXOERIENCED LIFE for over a year then truthfully I stepped out of life. God is life, He is what gave me life, He is why I was living a dream then I turn and take my focus off of him. INSANITY! Nothing has changed with God. He is still my provider (He's just using ADT security as the vehicle.) As much as I would love to jump back into unemployment and on my bike to get alone with God again that is not what he's calling me to. He is trying to teach me how to live the day to day and still keep him as the ultimate center. He's teaching me to focus on him in and through all things. The past year showed me things that work for me. This blog is huge whether you enjoy it or not I've learned that writing it helps me to focus on what God has been showing me over the week. Spending time to read his word and veg on it is critical. I need to say "I will spend X amount of time daily" this will stop me from reading his word then instantly closing it without asking God "What are you saying" And I need "alone time" A few hours one day a week where I can be alone with God and just hang.

These are things I've learned that I must do. Not only must do but really want to do Cause I wants to be stay in relationship with my Daddy, Father God! Over the last couple weeks I have felt more stress over life then I did in my 13 months of umemployment. I had a day last week where I had to text my closest friends and say "PRAY FOR ME" Cause I was under some serious attack spiritually. I let my guard down and Satan said GET HIM! My goal is to not let that happen again and these are the things I need to do to keep that from happenig. But forget the attack I was just plain missing hanging with my God, Creator, and Friend.

That list of things I mentioned that I do. Those are things that I NEED TO DO. What about you? What do you do on a daily basis to stay close too and get to know God better? Don't have a list? Get one! The way our society is built we will lose focus if we don't have a plan. How's that old saying Go? "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail" So fill us in. Let us know! What do you do? What do you plan to do? Help us out. In telling us what you do you may help someone else find what they can do. Ok everyone hope you had a great day lets move into this week and live it "Upside Down"

No comments:

Post a Comment