Monday, September 28, 2009

Continuing with the prayer theme.

Howdy howdy Gang,
Before I say anything else I want you to right now stop what you are doing open your calendar and reserve 6pm for this Thursday. Write "Meet Upside Down Group outside Rock Bottom."

Now that you have done that it's time to talk about this weeks assignment. It's a continuation of what we've been talking about. First we sat still listened to God and prayed what we heard him say. Next we went for a walk and did the same thing. Now that we have had two weeks practice listening to God as we pray. It's time to do it as a group time to support each other and learn that we do hear from God even if we don't always recognize it as such. We are going to do this by going on a bit of a treasure hunt. I can't give you (Sorry wont) give you any more details than that at this point in time but I will tell you this is like no other treasure hunt you've been on. This can be very challenging mentally and really forces us to listen to God and is incredibly fun. After the hunt is complete those that want too will head on inside Rock Bottom for an evening of fun. To help you with your schedule our approximate time frame is Treasure Hunt from 6 to 8 then hang out after that till you're ready to leave.

The hang afterward part will serve two purposes. One it will give us a chance to talk about our experience on the hunt and Two selfishly I am making it a little bit of a party as well because it is my last chance to see everyone before leaving on my trip Friday morning. If you can't make it to the hunt please feel free to come to Rock Bottom. I will also reveal a painting that Bill Butler (Thomas Lift) did for the Upside Down Group. It's a painting that talks about what the group is all about and let me tell you it is incredible. Better than I could have ever imagined.

You don't have to rsvp to come but I would appreciate it if you did. This way we can know what to plan for and know who to look for. If you want to come but are going to be late late me know that as well we may be able to make arrangements for you to join a group already on the hunt.

Thanks all have a great week and as always "Lets live it Upside Down"


No comments:

Post a Comment