Monday, October 5, 2009

On the road

Hey Gang,
I am writing you from Kearney Nebraska. Nope I haven't made it very far yet cold has a tendency to slow you down a bit and now because of the rain I am sitting in a coffee shop and able to write you a note. First let me say Thank you to those of you that made it out to the Treasure Hunt Thursday night it was a good time. For those of you that chose to bless me with a monetary gift your generosity blew me away. Not only did it blow me away but it is the only reason I am able to write you from Kearney. After paying my bills for the next 2 months the only cash I have left is part of what you gave me. Isn't God good, he knew what I needed and he used you to give it to me.

Just an fyi I have changed my plans already. I checked the weather last night and saw snow in the direction I was heading so today as soon as the rain clears I will be pointing my bike South and heading to a new location. Don't ask where. I guess we'll all know once I arrive. For the first time in my life I am now working without a plan. (Unless you count avoid the rain and cold as a plan.)

This leads me to my assignment for the week. It's a selfish one this time. This week continuing the theme of prayer. I am asking that you pray for me. I am trying to walk with and seek God on this trip. My plans have already been erased putting me completely at his will if I can only listen to his guiding. Please pray that I don't get in the way and for his continued provision financially. That I grow an ability to engage everyone I come across. The bike and Bill's painting are great icebreakers.

Meanwhile my assignment is to pray for you. During the first half of my ride last night I went to do the normal thing and pray for myself yet God said "No, pray for your friends first" This is what I will be doing everyday this week you will be the first I pray for. Of course I don't say this to guilt you into praying for me. I don't want those prayers anyway. I say it so you know that you know you have an intercessor. Actually, hey that's an idea. (Can you tell I'm thinking as I type.) We have a great opportunity. As I know where I am heading I'll let you know. If you have someone in that state or city that you have been praying for let me know and as I ride through the state or that specific city I will be praying for your friend. If I'm in the city and they can meet I'll meet them so we can pray face to face. This wont work if we use the blog to update each other because I wont have daily access to my computer. But Facebook will work. If we aren't already friends on FB find me (Larry Rife from Des Moines, IA) and friend me. I can update FB from my phone and messages come straight to me. As I know where I'm going I'll update my status if you know someone that I can pray for leave a comment to my update. If you want me to meet the person I of course will need more info so send me a message with the info. This could work (The benefits of not having a timeline).

Ok Gang, it's time for me to check on the weather. Have a great week and of course "Lets live it Upside Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment