Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spiritual Warfare is alive & well!

Just last week I told you about my experience in Monticello, UT and about what a certain church was doing to stand in the gap. I believe I mentioned my conversation with Pastor John who told me that the entire four corners area was under an oppression because of the practicing “Witch Doctors”, “Spiritual Ceremony’s”, as well as the Mormon Stronghold. I was very aware of the situation. By the time I left Monticello, I had walked the town and prayed enough that while I still could feel the oppression I could also feel Gods presence. Pulling out of town it was almost as if I could feel a hug from God as he was saying “You did all I requested. Well Done” So with all that in mind Let me ask you. “Why did I let my guard down?” I left Monticello and went straight S to Chinle, AZ Monument De Chelly. Chinle is in the heart of the four corners area (Where four states join together.) I’m in a great mood the whole ride, the weather is great. I get to the area find a great camping spot in a free campground everything looks great. I hop on my bike and ride to a few of the lookout points trying to catch a little bit before the sun goes down. The more I ride the more I begin to feel frustrated. I turn onto a lookout road and grow frustrated that I still need to ride a mile down the road to get to the viewpoint. I begin to ask myself “Why are you growing frustrated?” I have no answer. Calm down Larry. I get to the campground walk around for awhile, listen to a podcast, Then go to bed. I am on edge all night hearing every noise. I even hear the coyote (I think) that came into the campground and stole almost all my food and my $100 water purifier because it was in my food bag. No big deal, I shake it off Find some oatmeal I had separate from the rest of the food. Make breakfast and begin roaming. I feel ok at the beginning of the day my head is kinda full but no biggie it was cold overnight it’ll clear up as the day goes on. But the more I roam the more I feel like I’m getting a bad head cold. I try to pray it off but it doesn’t leave. I ask God why not? You love me, you want the best for me I see no reason why you wouldn’t want to heal me, Please do so? Nope it just continues to get worse. Finally I decide “Well I’m not going to hike today because I feel this way and I’ve ridden to most of the View points I can I might as well leave (I had planned on staying for the night.). I go to the camp ground and somewhere on the way it hits me. “I think this is a spiritual thing. It’s the oppression in the area.” I begin to pack up my tent and the head cold is disappearing but I can’t concentrate. It usually takes me about 30 minutes or so to load my bike this time because I literally had to think through every step it took me over an hour. By now I know it’s the oppression but I don’t think I prayed it off I just knew I had to run. I finally hop on my bike fill up with fuel and leave. I’m hungry but I know I can’t take the time to eat I have to get out of there. I hit the road and guess what… With-in 15 minutes I feel fine. Now I just want to get out of the four corners area. I pray for protection. I pray for the town and I continue to leave. I don’t quite make it out of the four corners before I have to stop for the night but now I am praying and praying and praying for protection over the night. I get a text from a friend telling me he’s praying for me and I am relieved I text back and say “Thank You Randy” the next morning I get another text from a friend saying he is praying for me. I think my friends knew I needed prayer. Here’s Satan working. I want to text my support group and say pray but I just did a week ago for the same thing I don’t want them to think I’m losing it so I don’t. Thankfully at least some of them knew anyway. I think all probably did those are just the one’s I heard from.

I have so many different directions I could go right now but here is where I want to go. Here is the question. Why did I let my guard down? In Monticello I was standing bold taking my authority in Christ seriously. In Chinle I was running scared (Even though I had warning it would be that way). The answer… Despite what I had already experienced in Monticello and at other times in my life. I wasn’t taking this whole spiritual warfare thing seriously. My head knew it existed but my heart hadn’t really embraced that I am called to be a warrior on the front lines. Therefore I was primed for a surprise attack and that is exactly what happened. Let me give you a word of warning. I am not the only one called to the front lines. If you are reading this and you consider yourself a follower of Jesus Christ. You are called to the front lines! Yes you! The enemy has you in his sights. If you are moving toward God the enemy is moving toward you. I promise you the attacks will be subtle but they will be real. Really you’ve already been under attack. Do you go to pray and get distracted? Go to study your bible with the same result? Feel the urge to talk to someone about God but then find 20 reasons why not? These are all examples of an attack. Take it seriously. Pray into it every day. Ask God to protect you from the enemy and to make you bold ready and willing to advance at every opportunity. If you haven’t yet said that prayer stop what you are doing right now and do it. I don’t want to be caught off guard again. There is no reason we should ever be afraid with Christ as our leader yet I was running like a coward. God help me to see the unseen and be ready today and every day for the battle at hand. I thank you that you are my Commander with you at my side leading every charge we cannot be defeated. I know you wont ever leave my side help me to not drift away from yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment